source: steve portigal from design research slack group
User research internship in Palo Alto:
Date: Jan 17, 2017
Location: Palo Alto, CA, US
Requisition ID: 137288
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
This jobs is a part of SAP’s Intern Experience Program (iXp). Within iXp we focus on providing a best-in-class intern experience and assigning impactful projects in strategic areas of SAP’s business. iXp interns are inquisitive, capable and eager individuals, fueling the next generation of SAP.
We’re looking for a user research intern to partner with designers, content strategists, product managers, engineers, analytics and marketers to create user experiences for SAP Ariba products and drive user empathy across the organization.
Expectations and Tasks:
- Design and conduct a variety of research methodologies, including strategic exploration, competitive research, field studies, participatory design and usability
- Synthesize findings and insights from customer & market research to influence and drive product decisions
- Evaluate, select and execute remote user testing. Identify solutions will help our researchers obtain the qualitative feedback they need to help teams make the right product decisions.
- Create and drive internal research methodologies and approaches
- Collaborate with the user experience team, product managers and engineers to ensure that findings and insights are actionable
- Collaborate with market research and analytics to answer complex research questions
- Promote and evangelize user-centered design at Ariba
Education and Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate, Masters, MBA or PhD degree program
- Human-computer interaction (HCI), human factors, cognitive psychology, or related field
- Must be looking to work on user research, not user design
- Portfolios are required, please attached the link on your resume
- Some experience executing user research for web or mobile experiences
- Excellent writing, storytelling and presentation skills
- Experience with usability testing, design research, ethnography, statistics, design thinking methods is a plus
- Analytics experience a plus
- Local candidates preferred
- Must be able to work onsite in Palo Alto during summer 2017