contact: Sarah Gregory from DRGG
Senior UX Designer
- Lehi, UT
AncestryDNA is seeking a Sr. UX to help with product design and user flows from concept through launch and beyond. You’ll work with very interesting content and an extremely talented team, including designers, product managers, computational biologists, statistical geneticists and engineers, in a highly entrepreneurial environment at Ancestry’s Lehi, Utah, office. You are a creative designer with great problem-solving skills, as well as excellent visual design, written and oral communication abilities.
Our success hinges on recognizing the value of every individual contribution. We give high-fives to people who enjoy the freedom of taking ownership of a problem and deciding how to solve it. We don’t need reliable doers. We need thinkers, and we’ll measure you by what you create.
You are a well-rounded UX professional who connects the dots between science, product needs, innovation and good design. You thrive on innovation and are great problem-solving skills, as well as excellent interaction, visual design, written and oral communication abilities. You will be influential with your big ideas supported by smart roll out plans. You will be ready to face the toughest challenges in your career and apply yourself generously to the success of your projects and ultimately our client’s satisfaction.
What you’ll do:
- Design mobile and web-based products that are attractive, intuitive, and easy-to-use,
- Work closely with a product manager and engineers from early-stage conceptualization through product launches
- Produce deliverables such as concept wireframes and visual comps, interaction models, prototypes, user task flows, HTML/CSS designs, design specifications, production assets that promote ease of use and optimize user experience
- Launch fast and iterate, incorporating user feedback and working with a team of top notch engineers and designers
What you need in order to be successful:
- Experience building and rapidly iterating on interactive prototypes and other artifacts; and participate in user research and testing
- Knowledge of mobile and website design and development; ability to work across technical design mediums (working knowledge of CSS/HTML/JS preferred)
- Detail-oriented, flexible and ability to work in a fast-paced environment, simultaneously contributing to multiple projects each with aggressive development schedules
- An entrepreneurial mindset (a self-starter who is willing to experiment and follow the data to the right solution as you iterate)
- Continuous self-driven learning about emerging technologies and UX trends
- A passion for simple, elegant, engaging user experience
- Strong project management skills and ability to influence others. Able to work well in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to present concepts in a clear and convincing manner to a broad range of audiences – from executives to software developers.
- A bright mind, a playful attitude, and a strong work ethic (the ability to throw, shoot, and dodge foam darts is a plus)
- We have an excellent team and environment to spread your wings and drive a very unique project. We’re more interested in hiring the right person than the right resume.
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com.