contact: Sasha from DRGG
Strava are looking for a passionate Senior User Experience Researcher to lead our multidisciplinary product teams through the complexities of contextual qualitative research. You will be a popular and key resource across Strava, leading and advising product teams on their approach and processes and educating the company in research best practice. Most importantly, your work will have a huge impact on the way Strava understands and interacts with our athletes.
If you have any questions, send a note to email@example.com
Senior User Experience Researcher
at Strava (View all jobs)
Strava is composed of dedicated, fun-loving individuals, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. And it feels like we’re onto something big. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an awesome team to keep us growing all around the world. Strava is the Swedish word for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate community, committed to our athletes, each other, our business, and the deeply held belief that there’s always time for a run, ride, coffee or all three.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a passionate Senior User Experience Researcher who will lead and inspire our multidisciplinary product teams through the complexities of contextual qualitative research. As a global, consumer-facing business dedicated to connecting athletes, it is essential that we truly understand, empathize, and are inspired by the athletes we are designing for.
Are you an experienced and energetic user researcher who is driven by empathy and a passion for understanding people? Do you love observing and interviewing people to uncover their deep needs and values, as well as testing concepts and solutions that seek to meet those needs? You will have equal passion for interviewing users to understand their lives as you do interacting with internal teams to help them better articulate their needs and research challenges. You will be a popular and key resource across Strava, leading and advising product teams on their approach and processes and educating the company in research best practice. Most importantly, your work will have a huge impact on the way Strava understands and interacts with our athletes.
What you’ll do:
- Lead by preparing and guiding multidisciplinary teams through user research projects in order to discover insights first-hand.
- Test design concepts and prototypes to validate product experiences and propositions and gather feedback through real-time experimentation and iteration.
- Influence by creating narratives and using storytelling techniques to deliver research findings and insights that generate shared empathy, emotion, and engagement from senior stakeholders and product teams.
- Inspire by translating design insights into areas of opportunity that product teams can utilize to inform their design solutions.
- Promote user-centered design processes, tools, and best practices within the organization.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience with human-centered, qualitative research methodologies in a digital environment, who can plan, lead, and execute research projects.
- Empathy and a passion for understanding people and why they do the things they do through observation, interviewing, testing and validation.
- Ability to synthesize, shape and present research findings into opportunities and insights using engaging and inspiring techniques that will fuel design.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where speed and rigor must be balanced to meet project needs.
- A strong collaborator and team player who can also thrive being the in-demand expert in an undefined project environment.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to persuade and inspire project teams and stakeholders of the value of a user-centered, evidence-driven design approach.
This is a full-time position at our San Francisco office.
- Yearly gear and fitness stipends.
- The rare opportunity to change an industry landscape. We’re not just another social app or sports equipment brand. We’re helping real people reach their full athletic potential.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- 5-week vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.