contact: Jenn Anderson from DRGG | firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to reach out to me directly at email@example.com
Date: Jan 25, 2017
Location: Palo Alto, CA, US
Requisition ID: 138658
Work Area: Software-Research
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
SAP Ariba is the marketplace for modern business, creating frictionless exchanges between millions of buyers and suppliers across the entire source-to-pay process. Our market-leading solutions enable companies to simplify collaboration with their trading partners, make smarter business decisions and extend their collaborative business processes with an open technology platform. More than two million companies use SAP Ariba solutions to connect and collaborate around nearly one trillion in commerce on an annual basis.
We’re looking for a Senior User Researcher to partner with designers, content strategists, product managers, engineers, analytics and marketers to create user experiences for Ariba products and drive user empathy across the Ariba organization.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
• Are naturally curious about people, work processes and how technology can improve the way people work in an enterprise setting
• Love working as part of a team throughout product development—from strategy to concept development to implementation
• Are versatile: plan and execute strategic and tactical research, including field studies, participatory design, concept & usability tests
• Are a nut for data: draw insights from qualitative and quantitative data and use insights to align teams and inform product design
• Have proven experience in design thinking and co-design methods
• Design and conduct a variety of research methodologies, including strategic exploration, competitive research, field studies, participatory design and usability
• Synthesize findings and insights from customer & market research to influence and drive product decisions
• Develop and evangelize a strong POV of Ariba customers and needs
• Create and drive internal research methodologies and approaches
• Collaborate with the user experience team, product managers and engineers to ensure that findings and insights are actionable
• Collaborate with market research and analytics to answer complex
• Promote and evangelize user-centered deign at Ariba
• BA/BS HCI, human factors, cognitive psychology or related field
• 5+ years planning and executing user research for web or mobile experiences
• Experience with enterprise software, supply chain management, and ecommerce platforms (online marketplaces, payments services) preferred
• Deep experience working with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
• Excellent writing, storytelling and presentation skills
• Analytics experience a plus
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: ERP, Product Development, Supply Chain Manager, SAP, Research, Technology, Operations