contact: Mary McCuistion from DRGG | firstname.lastname@example.org
Yahoo is hiring all levels of researchers – from intern to very senior. Come join a great team and have real impact on products that reach 1 Billion users a month.
Yahoo makes the world’s daily habits inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the world. Yahoo’s businesses span across Search, Communications, Media and many other verticals.
A Little About Us
Yahoo is embarking on a journey to redesign our most iconic publishing products – Yahoo.com, Finance, Sports and News. Our strategy to achieve this begins and ends with a user focus that emphasizes simple, delightful, and beautiful user experiences. We are growing our team to play a critical role on this journey and looking to hire a Principal UX Researcher to join us in Sunnyvale.
A Lot About You
The ideal candidate will possess strong research skills and a long track record of delivering research that influenced product and design strategy and execution. They will be skilled at translating research insights into actionable recommendations that directly address key product and design goals. Strong qualitative research skills across a variety of methodologies are critical for success in this role. Quantitative analysis skills also required for medium to large data sets. A strong team spirit, effective collaboration and experience working in cross-functional teams are required. A healthy dose of creativity, agility, and moxie will round out the ideal candidate.
- Drive research efforts on major projects that cross business orgs, with significant impact on the business: planning, conducting, analyzing, or presenting user research studies.
- Utilize a range of different methods, including contextual field studies, participatory design sessions, and concept and user experience evaluations – maybe even create some new ones along the way!
- Help inspire and influence experiences that become a meaningful part of our users’ daily lives – including your own friends and family.
You Must Have
- Graduate degree in Design, Human Factors, HCI, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Anthropology, or related field
- 5+ Years of experience planning, conducting, analyzing, and presenting the results of UX research with various methodologies
- Solid knowledge of social science and/or design research methods, and the ability to apply them to real-world practical problems by utilizing observation interviewing, and listening skills, experimental design principles, and field study design analysis
- Proven track record of driving impact on large scale products, and across business orgs
- Insatiable curiosity about the why behind the what, a keen eye for spotting “aha!” moments in the field and in the data, passion for all digital experiences, and a commitment to growing and developing as a researcher
- Ability to work independently and flexibility to adapt to rapid change while keeping a positive attitude and an open mind
- Experience mentoring a cross functional group
- Bonus points: knowledge of innovation/early stage design research methods, statistical analysis, and ability to work with “big data,” knowledge and experience with interaction design tools, and front end Web development, and familiarity with usability lab and video recording equipment
- Knowledge of accessibility preferred
This position is at Sunnyvale headquarters.
Send me your resume if you’re interested.