Senior User Experience Researcher
We’re FutureAdvisor. We’re a FinTech company with a small-town vibe but some big-time resources. We’re part of BlackRock, the largest financial company on the planet, but we feel more like a startup. We’ve got dogs that come to work with us and we eat a catered lunch together every day in our swanky office space. You’d want to grab a beer or a cold brew with the people here. We’re not all financial experts. You don’t have to be either. You just need to care passionately about what we do because it’s important – more than 50% of all Americans won’t have enough to cover basic needs once they retire retire. Together we can change that.
We build products that help financial advisors and their clients build a holistic plan to save for retirement. We partner with some of the largest financial institutions in the nation who use our products with their customers. We also believe that good research is the cornerstone of good design and good product decisions – especially in an industry plagued by subpar experiences.
We’re redesigning our products from the ground up and we’re growing our design team to help us build experiences that our partners can’t wait for their customers to use. If you want to work on impactful solutions to a really challenging problem – producing better financial outcomes for families – then keep on reading!
We’re looking for a Lead User Researcher to join our growing design team.
- Believe there’s a methodology for every question and have the confidence to invent new ones when needed.
- Hate when other researchers use the wrong methodologies to justify a decision or bias results for their benefit.
- Have empathy for your customers bordering on fanaticism.
- Have experience in a team that built consumer products.
- Love sharing and prioritizing actionable insights based on your research.
- Know the real meaning behind Henry Ford’s apocryphal quote about faster horses.
- Are excited to influence the overall experience our customers have, not deliver endless usability reports that never get read.
- Have the ability to move fast but still produce high quality work.
- Want to run and maintain a thriving user research
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience leading user research in the consumer products space
- A portfolio sharing insightful stories from your research, the impact it had, and examples of how you deliver your findings to your team