contact: Natalie Hanson | https://jobs.zs.com/search/?q=Creative%2BDesign
Experience Design Lead (New York, NY)
Date: Feb 16, 2017
Location: New York, NY, US
Company: ZS Associates
Location Available: New York, NY
ZS is the world’s largest consulting firm focused exclusively on improving business performance through sales and marketing consulting solutions, from customer insights and strategy to analytics, operations and technology. Together, we design and implement strategies that lead to greater market share, more competitive operations and increased use of today’s latest technologies. From 22 offices worldwide, ZS professionals draw on deep industry and domain expertise to deliver impact where it matters for clients. We are particularly known for our expertise in the pharmaceutical and health care sectors, yet work across a range of industries.
ZS’ Business Consulting group delivers solutions to a broad spectrum of sales and marketing challenges. We also help our clients transform their sales and marketing strategies and organizations to improve their effectiveness. Our recommendations and solutions are based in rigorous research and analysis underpinned by deep expertise and thought leadership across the demand generation process.
The Creative+Design Expertise Center will help ZS move from A+B to ABCD. ZS has focused since day one on Analytics and Business issues, but the Creative+Design EC aims to expand our ability to express ideas, concepts and emotions in ways that coherently bring together content and form. The C+DEC will partner with internal teams and clients to connect business and marketing strategy to execution. This team will create impact where it matters by expressing insights, strategies and executional ideas through creative platforms.
EXPERIENCE DESIGN LEAD
We seek an Experience Design Lead in our New York, NY office to work with our clients to conceive and create engaging experiences across channels to ensure interactions are meaningful between customers and brands. If you are passionate about designing meaningful innovation through human-centered design practices and seek to contribute in a new and rapidly growing expert team, then we want to speak with you.
- Design and deliver new products, services and brand experiences that solve customer problems, increase brand value and inspire people;
- Create best-in-class XD deliverables to articulate customer research insights and craft a broad range of design deliverables including experience maps, user journeys, service blueprints and brand touch-points;
- Partner and collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams through all phases of design process including alignment with client, understanding context, developing insights, exploring and defining opportunities, setting strategy, creating actionable/tangible design expressions, communicating vision, and guiding
- Research and synthesize data, best practices and innovative solutions and apply insights to inform design decisions;
- Elicit requirements through a range of activities from planning and leading stakeholder interviews, working from problem statements, articulating business objectives and asking the right questions in the right ways to inform design thinking processes;
- Produce concept models, sketches, and detailed schematics through cycles of rapid iteration to prototype experiences across mediums and realize a final solution;
- Present design solutions with precision and personality to variety of business stakeholders, clients and internal colleagues;
- Convey strategy and direction through a masterful mix of visual and verbal communication;
- Craft exceptional stories that connect the dots of user needs, concepts, design principles and experience details, both within the team and out to clients;
- Plan and facilitate Design Thinking workshops to support creative collaboration and evangelize customer centricity with clients and colleagues;
- Serve as an active member of the Expertise Center and mentor to other members.
- Bachelor’s degree required (master’s or PhD preferred) in user experience design, multimedia, interaction design, human computer interaction, human factors, psychology, anthropology, information science or a related discipline focused in social science and design communication, with a demonstrated record of academic success;
- At least 7-10 years of experience applying Design Thinking methods to reach successful business outcomes in the Healthcare industry;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with experience working in all levels of management in obtaining consensus on project requirements and deliverables;
- Extensive experience with the user centered design (UCD) process
- Well versed in the craft of Experience and/or Service Design Thinking coupled with strengths in visual design;
- Exposure to design research techniques such as ethnography, contextual inquiry, user interviews as well as in-depth practice incorporating findings from research studies into the experience design process;
- Comprehension of standard information architecture and design models;
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work effectively on several projects simultaneously in a matrixed and fast paced environment;
- Proven capability to balance ideation, conceptual thinking and tactical execution;
- Robust and diverse portfolio featuring human-centered experience design work that led to positive business outcomes;
- Ability to travel to client locations (10-25%) to work with teams and provide in-person expertise.
Additionally, we seek individuals with the following personal skills:
- Curious, results driven confident and committed to professional growth. Candidates will fit well in our team if he/she thrives on playing hard and working hard through consistent challenges and initial ambiguity;
- Can work independently, prioritize time and is quick on his/her feet. She/he will be an active partner with colleagues in formulating business strategies and experience design recommendations;
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen to, and build rapport with study participants, designers and cross-disciplinary project teams;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate design direction and best practices in a clear, compelling way;
- Team oriented, builds strong relationships at every level of the organization and is a dynamic motivator. Can work well in cross-functional teams, including designers, technical teams, product and project managers.