contact: Irene Estrada | https://jobs.designit.com/jobs/41835-lead-design-researcher
We’re looking for a Lead Design Researcher with extensive qualitative research skills, who has a mix of deep curiosity and the strategic mindset to build relevant insights for businesses.
Meet the gang
Based in our new office in DUMBO, New York, you’ll join our team of researchers, strategists and designers within service, digital, interaction and user experience design. You’ll work in an international and playful environment alongside some of the world’s most creative minds. At Designit, we work with big, innovative brands and are driven by an unparalleled passion for changing the world through exceptional design and problem solving.
We’ll give you everything you can dream of, from super friendly and creative co-workers, a strong focus on your development, to projects that really make a difference. It’s important to us that joining Designit will be one of the best decisions in your life. Your best work is yet to come.
Would you like to…?
- Conceptualize and define the research methodology and approach to solve a client’s challenges
- Prepare and coordinate fieldwork, including international projects with multiple research streams
- Lead project teams
- Get immersed in ethnographic fieldwork and data collection
- Analyze and derive patterns from your observations
- Be a bridge between research and design, collaborating with the design team
- Act as client and project owner and ensure valuable, solid, and inspiring results that are delivered on a high level
- Participate in business development activities (meetings, proposals, etc.)
- Stay updated on the latest methods/trends/thinking within your field and share your knowledge and thoughts with both colleagues and clients
We would like you to be…
- An expert within your field with 7+ years of professional experience and in-depth knowledge of both social theory and user-centred design processes.
- In possession of a relevant master degree (e.g. social science, human centered design, service design, etc.)
- Experienced in scoping a research process, leading fieldwork, conducting interviews and performing desk research
- A curious and confident concept developer. Eager to experiment in approach and methodology to discover the methods that best address the specific questions at hand
- A problem solver, with ideas that challenge the ordinary, together with the drive – and the guts – to bring them to life
- On a quest to change the world for the better, with design
- Someone with a ‘here to help’ attitude, who absolutely, fundamentally believes that we’re better together
- Fluent in English – other languages are a bonus!
Would you like to join…?
- An inspiring, informal and collaborative workplace
- A lot of responsibility and the chance to shape your own career
- The chance to work with some of the biggest and most innovative brands in the world
- A wide range of client sectors and project scopes
- A job in our office in DUMBO, New York with 25+ great colleagues, where being #bettertogether is our mantra
Designit is a global strategic design firm, part of the leading technology company, Wipro. We match big-picture thinking with creativity and technology, to drive change and growth across businesses, industries, and societies. Our vision is to make a human-shaped world, where everything is designed around real human needs. With a team of 470+ designers, researchers and business designers across 13 offices worldwide, we make products, services, and experiences that improve the way we all live, work, and do business.