source: Katie Eggers | http://reveconsulting.com/careers/
Rêve Consulting in Minneapolis is hiring a Service Designer! We are a small, mission-driven company that is doing big things with our region’s F500 clients and beyond! We’d love to hear from you!
Rêve Consulting is seeking a high potential individual to join us as Service Designer. This role is for you if you desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, customer-facing organization with the ability to make an impact. This is a role that requires a breadth of demonstrated skills with formal training or experience in service design or human-centered design methods. Our Service Designers work on engagements that range from enterprise and digital strategies to service design and prototyping. You will have the chance to work with some amazing clients and team members. If you are a go-getter who loves working with others to solve business challenges and bring great experiences to life, we should get to know one another.
As a Service Designer, you would be responsible for:
- Primary Research: formation and execution of research methods including subject interviews, ethnography, observations, and focus groups.
- Research Synthesis: distilling of research findings such as insights, personas, and frameworks for the next phase of the design process.
- Technology: understand key trends, strategies and experiences that drive customer engagement.
- Facilitation: develop and lead small groups of clients through workshops.
- Design: share concepts in human-centered fashion. Produce client ready deliverables in mediums such as Powerpoint, Adobe, and various prototyping programs.
- Testing Strategy: Identify and develop testing and prototyping methods and plans that adequately test key assumptions regarding consumer needs.
- Prototype Development: develop service prototypes in the channel/mediums needed, including but not limited to development of wireframes, basic interactive digital prototypes, service staging, and other analog mediums.
- Feedback: formulate and execute customer feedback gathering methods and subsequent prototype iterations.
- Communication: collaborate with Graphic Designers and Strategists to create compelling stories and narratives that inform, inspire, and direct clients.
- Methodology: document key processes and tools for our service design capability, primarily in the areas of research methods, prototyping, consumer trends, and technology trends.
- Maker: design and develop physical service prototypes.
- Brand Ambassador: build the Rêve brand internally and externally.
Your Mindset + Skills
We believe to be successful, you will need to have the following:
- Passion for what we do, the clients we work with, and contributing to our growth
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ideating and prototyping new concepts
- Drive for results
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Integrative thinking
- Highly organized
- Demonstrated volunteerism
- Fluent at visually translating the needs of consumer and business needs into consumer-centered solutions
- Minimum of 5+ years in any combination of visual design, digital design, business strategy, and/or service design
- Understand business or have entrepreneurial experience
- Bachelor’s degree in UX Design, Graphic/Web Design, or Media Design
- Demonstrated passion for giving back/volunteering
Rêve is an equal-opportunity employer providing a competitive compensation package and benefits. You will also have the chance to use your skills at Rêve Academy, our non-profit digital academy.
Deadline for applications is March 24, 2017.