Hello everyone, and happy Friday!
Just want to pass along a job opportunity for a colleague. It’s for an early stage startup (<10 people), and this will be their first full-time designer hire.
Visual User Experience Designer
Have you watched the movie Her? Are you a big fan of Star Trek? As a designer, have you ever aspired to participate in the creation of a Samantha or Data for everyone including yourself in the world? If your answer is yes, we’d like to invite you to join our quest for creating responsible and empathetic Artificial Intelligent (AI) personas just like Samantha and Data, who will fundamentally transform every aspect of our lives, from helping us make career choices to healthcare decisions.
We are seeking highly motivated and talented visual user experience designers, who are eager to help us create great user experience for both our end users and customers. The work will involve visual design and user experience innovations in many areas, such as human interactions with AI persons and interactive visualization of personality insights.
Qualifications: Our ideal candidates are open-minded, multi-talented individuals who are willing and able to tackle a full range of challenges from visual/graphics design to user research. They are also fast learners and great communicators.
- Required Expertise and Experience
- Expertise in designing graphical user interface solutions and visual experience for diverse digital environments (e.g., desktop and mobile)
- Extensive experience in using software to create sketches, wireframes, and storyboards for prototyping and mocking up graphical user interfaces and user experience
- Expertise in generating production ready, mobile friendly, and high fidelity design templates using HTML5 and CSS
- Excellent communication skills to help others understand detailed requirements and carry out effective designs
- Preferred Expertise and Experience
- Training in fine arts, graphics/visual design, or digital arts
- Front-end development experience
- Excellent taste in elegant design and an insatiable desire for impeccable details
- Experience in planning and executing user studies to enhance user experience
- Experience or background in product design and information architecture
- Knowledge in iterative user centered design theory, methodologies, current trend and best practices
- Required Education: A bachelor or higher degree or equivalent training in the area of Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Engineering, Digital Design, Information Science, Cognitive Science, or equivalent disciplines.
Employment type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please email a copy of your resume and your design portfolio (an attachment or a link to it) to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “UX Designer”.
Juji (juji.io) is a high-tech startup, located in the heart of Silicon Valley, CA, within an hour of commute to San Francisco. Juji is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. https://juji.io/ux