UX designers constitute an integral component of Tesla’s design process and are largely responsible for the overall success of Tesla’s customer journey from awareness to ownership and beyond. As a member of Tesla’s highly integrated UX team, you will work with relevant teams & stakeholders (including visual and designers, product managers, copywriters, developers, operations, sales, and more) through research, innovative strategy development, conceptualizing, product definition, and cohesive design.
A successful UX Designer at Tesla is by definition an innovative thinker, a driven product owner, and a skilled advocate for the user—all simultaneously. Our designers leverage strong internal connections to design, create, and orchestrate truly engaging customer experiences.
- Design, conceptualize, and create customer-centric projects across the entire product lifecycle, keeping up with the launches of new Tesla products
- Work closely with lean, cross-functional teams
- Create lasting, effective partnerships with Tesla’s engineering, product, and business teams to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership your work, and have responsibility for all design details along the way
- Rapidly produce concepts and prototypes
- 4+ years of experience designing game-changing digital experiences
- A burning desire to create the best design & customer experiences the auto industry has ever seen
- Tesla in your DNA – at Tesla, excellence is the passing grade and passion is an absolute must
- Comprehensive understanding of applying the methodologies of user-centric interaction design and research to solve complex business problems
- Demonstrated track record autonomously creating innovative and engaging products, with proven skills in mentoring, presenting, inter-team partnership and effective communication
- Knowledge of Sketch, InDesign, Illustrator or other tools for generating wireframes and specifications
- Risk taking in design, pushing past the obvious, and making something customers love to use