This opportunity is flexible to either our downtown San Francisco office, or our new office in Mountain View, CA. Atlassian is one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride, to name a few.). We’re making a substantial investment in experience design, endeavouring to make Atlassian products essential for all Teams. We’re expanding our global design organization and searching for passionate, talented Researchers to help us.
Are you excited by the question, “what makes great teams effective?” Do you love leading and empowering teams to do amazing research?
We’re searching for a Manager to join as a key leader on our User Research and Insights team, and ultimately, help us understand teams better than anyone else on the planet.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Provide leadership and guidance to a smart team of 6 Researchers, distributed across our core product offices in Sydney, Austin, San Francisco, and Mountain View.
- Be at the heart of our core mission. Your research team will focus on understanding teams, ultimately helping guide our long-term strategy through providing critical, tactical insights to our product teams.
- Help build Atlassian’s core user research and insights capability, supporting our ambition to have best in class research and insights for our strategy and product teams.
More about you:
On day one, you have:
- 8+ years of hands-on professional experience as a Researcher and a further 3+ years of experience leading and managing a team.
- Strong analytical abilities, with deep experience across a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies from strategic to tactical
- An understanding of how to hire, motivate, and develop a team of talented UX Researchers
- Excellent communication skills: you’ve got extensive experience collaborating with executives, Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers to build great experiences
And in year one, you will:
- Provide guidance and advice to researchers, ensuring your team is able to develop insights at both a strategic and tactical level
- Work across different focus areas to identify themes and gaps that need to be explored
- Support research teams to clearly and effectively communicate research findings to relevant stakeholders, and ultimately, inspire them to take action
- Liaise with Research Ops to ensure we are implementing agreed processes across the research team
More about the perks
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some killer perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and drinks, ergonomic workstations with Aeron chairs, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who’s who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, HipChat, and now Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
To apply, please visit here: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/Atlassian/743999663380092