Paid UX research focused summer internship. Must be an active student graduating AFTER August of 2018. Central NJ, HR tech company.
The UX Research Intern will be responsible for assisting and conducting user-centered design research and usability testing in support of web and mobile experiences. The UX Research Intern will work with a multi-disciplinary team including UX architects, researchers and designers.
As an intern, you will:
- Assist in the planning and execution for research projects.
- Assist in the creation of research and usability plans.
- Assist in lab-based user testing, remote user testing, prototype testing, concept testing, field research and survey design.
- Assist in the development of prototypes when necessary.
- Assist in both qualitative and quantitative analysis of research findings and user-generated data.
- Conduct unaided benchmarking exercises and secondary research of competitive markets, tools and resources.
iCIMS extends a work culture unlike any other East Coast-based technology provider. We focus on hiring candidates who display our seven core competencies – passion, drive, transparency, adaptability, empathy, kaizen, and customer commitment. If you eat, sleep, and breathe our competencies and desire to work in a casual yet results-driven environment that embraces innovation– then you’re just what we’re looking for!
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that’s voted one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey. We are the industry’s premier recruitment software provider – delivering technology that supports more than 3,500 contracted customers around the globe. Committed to both growth and stability, we have a lot of opportunities for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us. Apply today!
- Knowledge of test methods/setups to address the needs of unusual/challenging tests.
- Knowledge of appropriate design tools for UX applications.
- Experience with quantitative data analysis tools such as Tableau, SPSS, or other tools preferred but not required.
- Visual and user-centered design experience and/or experience with UX design tools such as Sketch, inVision, Zeplin, Omnigraffle, Axure, Adobe XD, etc. preferred but not required.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and take initiative.
- Maintain flexibility and reacts to change appropriately.
- Receive and take action on feedback and lessons learned for continual professional improvement and development.
- Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters degree during the time of the internship (Summer 2018)
- Students pursuing a degree in Human Computer Interaction, Information Science, Computer Science or related field, preferred
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Description/Application Link: