San Francisco, CA, United States
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
You are curious, empathetic and have a bias toward action. You know the role of user research and how it fits into the product design process, and are able to provide meaningful and actionable insights that inform product design at different stages of the product lifecycle. You have a broad range of knowledge & experience with user research methodologies. While you are tactical, you also look for the big picture, connecting outcomes of various studies to be a part of a strategic research effort. You are capable of discovering patterns and blind spots that your colleagues never anticipate. You are creative in communicating research insights to engage your audience and keep the insights alive overtime. You value high quality work, yet know when to make right trade-offs in the constraints you might have. You are humble and flexible by nature, and committed to advocate for the voice of customers in the product design process. You are comfortable with ambiguity, as well as persistent and creative to overcome obstacles.
About the Role
As a User Researcher, you will partner with design, product, engineering, and marketing colleagues and help them make informed decisions by independently executing user research studies throughout a product’s lifecycle. You will be responsible for engaging with users, customers and prospects to understand their contexts, behaviors, unmet needs, and aspiration. As one of the first user researchers at AppDynamics, you will play a key role in building the user research discipline and culture in our organization. You will influence short-term and long-term product strategies and innovation effort at AppDynamics by bringing life to customer insights as well as organizing workshops.
To succeed in this role, you must:
- Have 3+ years of demonstrable experience in various qualitative and quantitative research projects that have direct business impact
- Have experience and knowledge of conducting lab studies, field studies, ethnography, surveys, benchmarking studies, etc. in person as well as remotely
- Have ability to define key user research questions, identify methods and logistics, execute, and synthesize data to generate actionable insights
- Be pragmatic and able to design appropriate research approaches within constraints, dealing with a changing schedule and priorities
- Be dedicated to inform products – finding actionable insights and incorporating them into product experience
- Have a degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, a related field, or equivalent experience
- A passion and curiosity in researching product experience for expert users (e.g. IT, developers, DevOps), and technology trends of IT
- Experience of designing and facilitating a collaborative workshop for brainstorming, prioritizing, and problem-solving
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
- Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
Application Link: http://app.jobvite.com/m?3fEjFjwF