When you think about your next career move – and what kind of company will fit you best – what’s your focus? Culture? Technology? Diversity? Product? Leadership? Financial Health? We are delighted to say that if any of these matter to you, we have some great things to talk about.
Hearsay Systems is looking for a talented UX Researcher with a deep care for customers and the passion to influence product development with a user’s voice
Who is Hearsay?
Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. Founded in 2009 and helmed by Clara Shih, we are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture.
Our customers include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
Hearsay is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Seattle, New York, Salt Lake City, Toronto, London, Budapest and Manila and has raised $50M in venture capital from Sequoia and NEA.
A little about the role:
- Lead qualitative research and quantitative research activities and manage research vendors.
- Contribute to research strategic planning with key stakeholders to define and scope research.
- Frame complex challenges, visually map opportunity spaces, craft design criteria, and create strategic frameworks to inform the design process.
- Incorporate first hand customer insights into product planning to create amazing experiences for the end user.
- Be the glue between our organization and bring the voice of our customer to every conversation.
A little about you:
- 3-4 years experience conducting qualitative research; industry experience required.
- Must be flexible and willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Education: MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or equivalent practical experience.