Job 1 – Experience Designer
Airbnb’s experience designers make the complex simple and know the details aren’t the details, they are the product. Do you love to choreograph the dance of getting users from A to B? Are your instincts in touch with a higher power known as ‘usability’? Well then you get that the best interactions aren’t even noticed by a user because the design gets out of their way.
China is the world’s largest, and fastest growing, outbound travel market. We’re looking for experience designers who are excited to localize our product for the Chinese audience, build new products for the market and help Chinese travelers explore the world through our local experiences, personable hosts, and unique accommodations.
Portfolio required to apply
- Partner with the Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, Researchers and Content Strategists to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new products and services.
- Design elegant flows & interactions for a global audience across platforms.
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners.
- Executive in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity.
- 3-8 years of experience with end-to-end product design
- Excellent communication skills
- Lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills
- Have contributed as a leader in design and a strong collaborator with product managers and engineers
- Have shipped product
- Have cross-platform design experiences (Web, android, iOS, emails)
Job 2 – Product Content Strategist
Airbnb content strategists work closely with product designers and researchers to shape experiences, build trust with our community, and evolve our brand voice. We’re just starting to build our practice, and we’re already expanding our team to include bilingual content strategists for our China team, both in Beijing and San Francisco.
China is the world’s largest, and fastest growing, outbound travel market. Airbnb is on the ground building new products for Chinese travelers and learning how to adapt our core experiences for different markets. If you’re excited about writing product and marketing content in simplified Chinese and helping us reach this audience with a truly local experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- Contribute to a product team of designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, and data scientists
- Offer a content strategy perspective throughout the product development process, and influence strategic decisions across and within products to improve the overall experience and ensure consistency across platforms
- Work with cross-functional partners to drive consensus across teams and advocate for solutions that balance the needs our hosts and guests with our business goals
- Define the content strategy for a given product and write clear and concise content across multiple touch points (including product names, labels and navigational elements, emails, tutorials, marketing pages, and notifications)
- Help people who use Airbnb feel welcome and empowered, carefully considering tone and writing content that’s consistent with Airbnb’s mission of belonging
- Create, maintain and evolve voice and tone guidelines for the Chinese market
- Regularly share your work with the China team; iterate based on their feedback and insights from researchers
- Share learnings with the team in San Francisco and work with other content strategists to improve our translation and localization processes
- Strong writing and editing skills–in both simplified Chinese and English
- Familiarity with the Chinese market
- Experience working with a global or Chinese company, writing content for web/mobile products and developing style guides preferred
- Understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel between offices and for research
- Passion for Airbnb’s mission and deep empathy for our diverse community
Job 3 – Visual Designer
China is the world’s largest, and fastest growing, outbound travel market. We’re looking for Visual Designers to define high-profile marketing campaigns visual strategy and grow our Design Language System. If you are excited about bringing Airbnb to the Chinese audience, to build experiences that help Chinese travelers see the world through our local experiences, personable hosts and unique accommodations, this will be perfect for you!
Visual Designers at Airbnb demonstrates a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it at pixel level. They must have a highly refined design aesthetic and ability to work within the Airbnb brand. This person should have excellent communication skills and be able to articulate the rationale behind their work.
- Strategize and design for high-profile in product marketing campaigns
- Design elegant UIs and graphics for China audience across platforms: web, iOS, Android and print
- Define the visual design strategy for a product area and work with other leads and cross-functional partners to drive consensus across teams
- Assist the Experience Design team in implementing precise visual design
- Create and manage asset libraries for reusable, systematic design
- Create, maintain and evolve visual design guidelines for the Chinese market
- Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 4+ years experience working as a Visual/UI Designer
- Solid knowledge of the creative process at high quality, and to specification
- Expert understanding of the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, and proportion
- Excellent organization and presentation skills to structure your presentations and documents in a way that can be easily understood and modified by others
- Problem solver that requires very little guidance on projects; thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC suite, Sketch, Figma, and other industry-standard creative tools
- Expert knowledge of assets implementation standards on iOS, Android, and Web
- Advanced experience with image compositing and retouching with Photoshop
- Basic level understanding of HTML & CSS
- Prototyping experience with applications Principal, Flinto, Framer or Invision
- Demonstrated experience working with a design system; its curation, maintenance, and dissemination
- Highly detail-oriented, with a drive for perfection down to the last pixel