Hyperflyer Designer Position Description
We are an early-stage startup looking for an experienced designer to help us launch our product. We are in pre-seed, and plan to launch by the end of 2019. The position provided now is part-time, as either volunteer or contractor (compensation will be negotiated in person), but may convert to full-time with competitive salary+equity, after launch and seed funding.
- – Taking in charge of the product design (UI/UX)
- – Conducting user research including surveys and interviews
- – Working together with developers and the product manager to iterate the product
- – Contributing in marketing design (website and logo)
- – Being able to commit at least 20 hours per week
- – Experience in mobile app design
- – Good communication skills
- – Familiar with design software and tools: Sketch, Figma, Adobe Illustrator, etc.
- – Comfortable with building things from scratch
- – >1 year working experience (preferred)
- – Startup experience (preferred)
Website: https://thehyperflyer.com/, https://business.thehyperflyer.com/
Demo: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE8XYiZUuJ37BAeiahkQwzu28JahRT_5X Type: Mobile app (react-native for iOS and Android)
Please send your resume and the link of your website (or the collection of your work) to Youhan Fang
Hyperflyer is a mobile and online marketplace connecting local businesses and people. Local businesses can use our app to create and upload promotions to the marketplace; people can pick promotions of their interests from the marketplace, and earn rewards by sharing with friends or using by themselves repeatedly, depending on the type of promotion.
There are two types of promotion: referral and loyalty. Referral promotion is for bringing new customers to the businesses, and people can earn rewards by referring their friends; loyalty promotion is for retaining existing customers of the businesses, and people can earn rewards if they keep coming back.
All promotions are used and/or distributed by customers in a form called “hyperflyer”. A hyperflyer is an image composed of a photo of the business, texts briefly describing the business, texts describing the reward rule, and a QR code encoding the identity of the participants.
To use the hyperflyer to get rewards, the customer needs to show the hyperflyer to the business and let them scan the QR code to validate. Our system will record the transaction, and check if certain criterion described in the reward rule has been satisfied. If it is satisfied, rewards will be delivered to participants accordingly.