Manager, HMI visual design
Santa Clara, CA
Full time employee
6+ years experience preferred
Manager, Visual Design Experience
As a Manager, Visual Design, your role will consist of creating visually engaging, innovative, and functional designs. The Manager, Visual Design is the leader of the Visual Design team and overseeing the daily operations and must perform a wide range of duties that correspond to the Visual Design effort of team you manage. Very important to the role will be a thorough understanding of the right balance between business, design, and our customers and serving our brand’s purpose, business missions, and customer needs. You will oversee and lead artistic, innovative, and passionate design process. The Manager, User Interface Visual Design will report to the Head of Digital Product UX/UI Design.
• Responsible for overseeing, managing, and mentoring your Visual Design team.
• Responsible for all UI artifact deliverables and artwork production pipeline with Software team.
• Display excellent time management skills and lead design team to complete work by, or before, deadline.
• Display an exceptional sense of visual design, a passion for beautiful user interfaces, and a clear interest in interaction design using emerging technologies.
• Own the concept and production of style guides to establish and drive a cohesive product vision.
• Weave pleasant iconography, typography, color, space, and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our interfaces.
• Collaborate with designers and design leadership to develop our visual language and apply it across the many surfaces of our products.
• Work closely and iteratively with developers to ensure design accuracy and consistency throughout the creative process.
• Apply innovative visual design problem-solving skills within the shared visual design language, and aesthetic of the BYTON brand.
• Translate BYTON brand promise, strategy, and design language into world class visuals.
• Ability to transform complex ideas into simple visual form, working form, with and without existing assets.
• Apply a diverse range of visual styles and design aesthetics where needed.
• 8+ years as a professional visual interactive designer.
• Experience with automotive specific HMI design, instrument cluster, head unit, and other in-vehicle experience design.
• 3+ years of excellent team management experience.
• A highly developed design aesthetic.
• Deep knowledge of visual design system, familiar with Android design pattern is a huge plus.
• You have a real passion for flawless, delightful, and differentiated user experiences, as well as invention and human computer interaction.
• Your portfolio demonstrates confident interactive visual design skills, motion is a bonus.
• You display a solid knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/After Effects, and also willing to learn new tools.
• You embrace teamwork and partnership, are a receptive listener, and always take an open-minded and collaborative approach to design.
• You’re capable of reducing complex concepts and challenges into easily understandable, actionable tasks.
• You can visually communicate your ideas via sketches and storyboards, motion sketches, previs, etc. working in Low-Fi to High-Fi.
• Passionate about design and technology trends.
• Experience with visual storytelling, illustration and graphic design across different media types, beyond interactive software products.
• Knowledge of Unity 3D is a plus.
• Experience with presenting work, approaches, design states or full execution to stakeholders and investors.