Contact 轶飞(wechat: yifeizh) for referral
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 201485
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Interaction Design is a key role at Intuitive Surgical, with responsibilities that cut across multiple technical disciplines. We bring a human-centered design process to healthcare innovation and the development of physical and digital interfaces that are safe, effective, and delight our users.
As a Senior Interaction Designer on the da Vinci team, you will lead the definition and design of various elements of the platform, often extending across multiple touchpoints. You will work collaboratively with other designers, Human Factors engineers, clinical experts, and engineering teams to help develop new digitally-enabled solutions, including robotic control systems, medical image processing, data visualization, and other digital applications.
You will be involved in various stages of the product development process from early concepts to final design and implementation. The da Vinci platform has many exciting opportunities ahead, and we are excited to welcome you as a team member as we build the future of minimally invasive care.This is a full-time position in our Sunnyvale, CA Office.
Roles & Responsibilities:About You:
- You are a fantastic designer and enjoy both learning and helping others become fantastic product thinkers and designers
- You are passionate about improving the life of patients and solving novel challenges in healthcare
- You are inclusive by nature and understand the purpose and value of cross-functional collaboration
- You enjoy collaborating with technical partners and thrive working on abstract and often unfamiliar design & interaction problems
- You know what quality looks and feels like, and can set the bar high and inspire others to reach that bar
- You are emotionally intelligent and have excellent listening, communication and analytical skills that help you to adapt in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- You champion and embody user-centered design (UCD) in every way
- You help create a team culture in which everyone thrives and can do their best
What You’ll Do
- Design world class physical and digital interfaces
- Uphold superior standards and methods throughout the product development life cycle
- Collaborate with Human Factors, Clinical, and Engineering teams throughout the product development process to ensure your designs are safe, effective, and feasible
- Document, maintain and share your project plans to ensure proper coordination with cross-functional partners
- Participate in discovery and research activities to develop and apply a strong understanding of end-users and the problem space
- Balance prioritized trade-offs that consider user, product, engineering and business needs as you iterate quickly through various design to narrow the solution space
- Collaborate with other interaction and visual designers to produce beautiful and functional interfaces
- Think systemically to create holistic design solutions that reinforce and contribute to the interaction design language of the product
- Propose clear and compelling designs with sound rationale addressing identified problems and opportunities
- Participate in the validation of product usability through informal and formal testing with representative users in lab and clinical settings
- Write clear, comprehensive and detailed user interface specifications for others to build and test against
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product design (in-house, agency, or freelance)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design, human sciences (e.g., Cognitive Science, Psychology, Human Factors), information science, or engr/computer science
- Proven record of bringing products to market that contain complex user interactions, especially products with physical interactions that are not solely web- or software-based
- Proficient in the use of current design tools and software applications, with strong prototyping experience
- Ideally, experience working in the medical industry and/or healthcare
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.