Contact 轶飞(wechat: yifeizh) for referral
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 201448
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Interaction Design is a key role at Intuitive Surgical, with responsibilities that integrate multiple technical disciplines to jointly create products and services that make the experience of using technically complex surgical devices safe, easy to learn, and confidence-inspiring.
The Interaction Designer will be designing solutions for our family of products that include both software and physical experiences, and can expand to include the VR/AR space. You will be establishing brand new ways of interacting with our set of digital solutions to solve complex user experience problems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Design world class experiences that span the digital to physical realms. Maintain superior design standards and methods from brainstorming through prototyping and implementation. Ensure a thorough understanding of the problems, the goal, and measures of success for a user by working with your design lead, clinical engineering, human factors, product managers and engineering teams.
2. Deliver detailed design documentation including written specifications that communicate design intent and detailed interactions to engineering.
3. Participate in and contribute to user research activities. Work closely and collaborate with user research teams to formulate questions for user research and usability, synthesize key insights from observation and formative evaluations and report them back to the product development team.
4. In collaboration with Human Factors Engineers, analyze designs for safety risks in light of potential use errors, and design mitigations for those risks. Participate in the validation of product usability through informal and formal testing with representative users.
5. Contribute to the visual design of the product. Collaborate with our visual design team to produce a scalable design system and delightful experiences that align with our brand language.
- Minimum two years of experience in multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Responsive Web).
- Experience with an iterative process balancing prioritized trade-offs that consider user, product, engineering and business needs.
- Can think systematically to create unified solutions across multi-modal experiences.
- Methodical in identifying user problems, opportunities and successes; test assumptions and incorporate feedback
- Empathetic listening and bidirectional communication skills demonstrated in effective interactions with users, peers, and team members
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions with sound rationale to support them; ability to be flexible while maintain focus to strive for best outcomes
- Experience in building prototypes for usability testing
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Be part of a growing team that is approachable, humble and always learning and collaborating with each other to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field and/or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree is a plus
- Proficient in the use of current design tools and software applications for design and prototyping (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Zeplin, InVision, Framer, etc)
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.